- New ECMAScript6 features: the most anticipated being generators, which is no longer behind the
--harmonyflag. Learn more.
- All the new features of Node v0.12: including performance optimizations, clustered round-robin load balancing, the ability to run multiple instances in a single process and more. Learn more.
- Improved memory management: In v0.10 memory is allocated internally in large chunks. In io.js the allocations are managed more carefully. The result of this is lower likelihood of memory leaks.
- streams3: A new version of the streams API for simplified data flowing and passive data listening
- HTTP keepalive agent improvements: Node’s HTTP client didn’t respect
keepaliveso it would disconnect and reconnect on sequential connections to the same destination. Now it tries harder to keep the connection alive which improves performance for applications that make many outbound connections. For example, we see improvements in LoopBack applications using the REST and SOAP connectors.
- Support for asyncwrap: This is an internal API that can be used by core developers and advanced module developers. For example to help with wrapping APIs with promises or generators, or to insert monitoring. For some of StrongLoop’s work in this area, see async-tracker and Zones which are working prototypes of upcoming features.
Introducing StrongNode: support and consulting for Node and io.js
At StrongLoop we understand that some companies are looking to adopt io.js and its cutting edge features in their API, web, mobile and IoT projects. Since there is now Node and io.js to choose from, they may wonder which to use and how to stay future-proof. In response to this demand, we are excited to announce the immediate availability of StrongNode. StrongNode is a subscription support offering from StrongLoop that gives individual developers and organizations the confidence to build their projects with open source software from the Node ecosystem. So, regardless if you choose Node or io.js for your project, StrongLoop is here to make sure you are successful!
More specifically, StrongNode is technical support for Node and io.js core modules plus the Loopback and Express frameworks. Also included in StrongNode is support for LoopBack’s open source data connectors, mobile and gateway features. Multiple plans are available to suit your budget and SLA. To learn more about the StrongNode subscription, contact sales or visit our subscriptions page.
StrongLoop runs on io.js
At StrongLoop we’ve verified support of io.js in all the products and projects we maintain, including the Loopback and Express frameworks plus the recently announced StrongLoop Arc, a design, deploy and monitoring UI for Node apps.
At StrongLoop we don’t just build products for Node and io.js, we also help create them. StrongLoop was founded in 2013 by Node core committers Bert Belder and Ben Noordhuis, who along with Sam Roberts, Ryan Graham and Miroslav Bajtos have made significant contributions to the upcoming Node v0.12 and io.js release. StrongLoop also maintains almost 100 open source npm modules and sponsors the popular LoopBack and Express frameworks. StrongLoop knows Node.
Questions, comments? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear from you!