Today we are excited to announce the availability of StrongLoop Arc! StrongLoop Arc is the industry’s first platform and graphical tool for developing and deploying APIs in Node.js that covers the entire API lifecycle. It enables developers to do everything from designing APIs, integrating them with new and legacy data and services, building and deploying apps, plus leveraging DevOps features like performance monitoring and profiling – all in a single UI. No other vendor offers a more complete solution for APIs spanning every stage of the development lifecycle.
Go from development to production in record time
StrongLoop Arc enables organizations developing APIs in Node to:
Focus on What Matters: Arc lets developers focus on business logic and the user experience by making it easy to visually design and integrate APIs with data sources and services for mobile, web, IoT or services-based applications.
Get Productive Fast: Developers new to Node benefit from the ability to design and auto-generate code for their APIs using an intuitive graphical user interface without having to know about Node internals.
Automate, Automate, Automate: Arc gets organizations’ new APIs and apps into production faster with fewer errors via automated tooling that takes source code on GitHub to a running, scalable cluster, either in the datacenter or in the cloud in minutes.
Deliver Superior User Experiences: Arc reduces the business impact of slowdowns or outages with in-depth application performance monitoring and profiling features comparable to solutions from leading independent APM companies, but for the first time in the industry, in a comprehensive suite using the same UI used to develop and deploy APIs.
Compatible: Arc works with both Node.js and the io.js fork.
StrongLoop Arc Features
- Visually compose APIs using model driven development without having to write any backend code
- Create new or auto-discover models from existing databases
- Replicate and migrate models across SQL & NoSQL data sources
- Rapidly build APIs and auto-generate operational endpoints with CRUD support
- Accelerate testing with built-in API rendering via a Swagger-based API explorer
- Discover the exact lines of code causing CPU and Memory hotspots
- Analyze the entire calling sequence, even across asynchronous calls
- Detect and diagnose fatal memory leaks both in development and production environments with remote profiling of any process, on any host, from a single UI
- Compile and build applications as deployable .tar files or git deployment branches.
- Auto-deploy to remote servers with boot-strapping and node-clustering enabled
- Allocate the number of CPUs or processes to deploy on each server to permit scaling on demand
- Rebuild and redeploy as many times as needed with incremental code pushes, rolling restarts and hot-deploy
- Real time 24×7 production monitoring with extremely low overhead
- Automatic instrumentation to gain visibility into key performance indicators like slow event loops, V8 garbage collection, heap consumption, response times plus slowest database endpoints
Pricing and Availability
StrongLoop Arc is general available and ready for purchase. For licensing and pricing information, please visit our pricing page.
- Ready to develop APIs in Node.js and get them connected to your data? Check out the Node.js LoopBack framework. We’ve made it easy to get started either locally or on your favorite cloud, with a simple npm install.