StrongLoop an IBM company hires the best and brightest minds and strongly encourages creativity along with dedication toward problem solving. Please see below for current openings, we are always ready to hire rockstars! Drop us a line at email@example.com.
The IBM StrongLoop team is looking for Node.js rockstars to join our API Platform Services team. This position is for the Foster City, California location.
You will get to pioneer greenfield Node.js projects with a growing team creating Enterprise grade solutions for the API economy. With IBM’s StrongLoop team, you get to work in an agile fast-paced startup environment, yet backed by the power of the most forward-thinking enterprises today.
- As a Senior Software Developer you will contribute to Open source as well as IBM’s Enterprise solutions around Loopback, Express and Node.js.
- You will participate in all aspects of the development cycle; driving projects to completion
- Expect to actively participate in design reviews and discussions.
- Develop and deliver code changes in the Node.js community as well as within StrongLoop modules.
- Interact with the open source community online and in person to expand knowledge and build recognition of the StrongLoop and IBM brand
- Mentor fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and may even lead a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
A successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in writing high performance code
- Minimum 5 years experience with Java/PHP or Python
- Significant experience with Node.js frameworks such as Express, AWS tools and components, REST, JSON and SQL
- Strong understanding of user authentication and authorization schemes between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Strong understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable server-side systems
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals asynchronous/synchronous programming concepts and web services
- Self-starter with natural ability to balance priorities and work in a lean and agile environment
- Expertise with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Proficient understanding Git
- Design and implement functional, stability, integration, end to end and performance test automation.
- Contribute to the quality and performance by developing tools and frameworks to automate testing at the component and overall system level
- Ensure that new implemented components are tested and file issues to track bugs in a timely manner.
- Verify product defects, create test cases, review documentation and perform automation.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved and own the QA process prior to releases.
A successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years of software testing and QA methodologies, preferably with a focus on automated test development
- Experience building test automation solutions including test design and implementation, and development of support tools, harnesses, and fixtures
- Experience with test automation tools like Selenium/Protractor, TAP, TestNG/ scripting, Jmeter and other test frameworks
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience with Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Nodejs or hands-on experience with any other programming language.
- Solid Linux skills – must be comfortable at the command line
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communications skills.
Candidates with the following highly desirable experience will be given preference:
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Understanding of Testing Methodology, Continuous Integration and GitHub.
- Database Knowledge : one or more of DB2, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL
As part of the API Connect and StrongLoop Marketing team, this Developer Evangelist and technology advocate will help promote API Connect and StrongLoop’s LoopBack framework and reinforce IBM’s thought leadership in the Node.js community.
An ideal candidate is passionate about software development. They will have a wide breadth of experiences in software development across multiple languages and environments and relish in sharing their knowledge and experiences with others – both technical and non-technical.
Location: SF Bay area, CA and other locations in USA
• Develop and deliver presentations on Node.js, API Connect and LoopBack both in person and online (meetups, conferences, webinars, screencasts, etc)
• Create sample applications to demonstrate how to develop, deploy, scale and monitor APIs in Node (using both API Connect, LoopBack and core Node)
• Write content for blogs and other outlets on API Connect / StrongLoop software
• Interact with the Node.js community online and in person to expand knowledge and build recognition of API Connect & StrongLoop’s LoopBack brand
Additional qualifications include:
• Ability to work independently and manage tasks in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and requirements
• Ability to work with cross-functional team members
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years experience in software development across multiple languages
- 1+ year experience in speaking publicly about technical concepts
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- 3+ years experience in speaking in public about technical concepts
- 3+ years experience in helping others in technology and interacting with the wider developer community (usergroups, online forums, open source projects)
- 1+ year experience in writing software in Node.js
- 3+ years experience in writing technical blogs, articles, or books
- 1+ year experience in demonstrating the ability to explain complex technical topics in an approachable manner (conference talks, blogs)
- 1+ year experience in working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities/requirements and working independently
The API Connect and StrongLoop team is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to help consolidate and drive the strategy for developer and community content.
An ideal candidate is passionate about developer enablement, customer nurturing and retention, as well as increasing new prospects into the enterprise through the consistent development and deployment of content to each persona group.
Success in this role is defined by positive brand recognition among developers and the community, website and social media traffic growth, an increase in defined customer engagement metrics, clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buyer journey (lead nurturing), and to shorten sales/buying cycles.
Location: SF Bay Area and Research Triangle Park, Durham, NC
- Manage all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and leads to deliver sales and customer retention.
- Develop and manage a functional content calendar for API Connect and LoopBack/StrongLoop and define the owners for particular persona groups.
- Collaborate across functions ( developer evangelists, corporate marketing and offering management) to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives.
- Plan and create the content relevant to each audience and then to optimize the path to conversion.
- Integrate content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand to demand.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
Supervise writers, editors and content strategists to be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Conduct ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gather data, analyze and make recommendations based on those results.
- Establish work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Develop standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real time implementation of content strategies.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Experience creating digital content and growing a social audience.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- Technologically savvy with social media platforms, analytics platforms, digital content platforms and production processes.
- Experience with WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics and other CMS a big plus.
- Planning driven, with strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) .
- Ability to lead, organize and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously.
- Experience building and optimizing customer engagement programs in a fast-paced environment highly desired.
As a senior team member in the Developer Marketing team this role drives awareness, growth, preference, and pipeline, bottoms-up in enterprises ranging in size from Fortune 100 to startups adopting Node.js and OSS. This includes leading development, promotion and execution of the developer community marketing plan, along with the rest of the team doing technical evangelism, social media, web, and other outbound activities.
This role requires working closely and effectively with the corporate marketing teams at IBM that are focused on tops-down enterprise marketing and across other core functional areas including sales, product development, services, training, and support. This role will focus on driving growth in API Connect adoption and StrongLoop/Node.js community expansion.
The ideal candidate would be one who is creative, versatile and takes pride in accomplishing these goals..
- Apply deep buyer behavior expertise to orchestrate and manage the delivery of an exceptional developer engagement experience end-to- end encompassing buyer journey, content narrative and syndication design.
- Develop positioning and persona based messaging that resonates with developers, relating relevant product capabilities in terms that they understand and care about.
- Develop breakthrough thought leadership content, experiences, and programs to capture attention and influence developer adoption.
- Partner with the team of technology evangelists and technical volunteers inside the company and in the community around the world to drive awareness and preference by Node.js and API Connect developers.
- Drive the creation of world class content such as technical blogs, white papers, product descriptions, case studies, customer success stories, and other marketing materials.
- Manage department-wide budget and vendors in partnership with finance. Analyze budget and campaign effectiveness and make improvement recommendations.
- Partner with the Digital Sales teams to ensure integrity in the sales funnel and alignment of metrics, activities and priorities and with corporate marketing to ensure highest leverage of activities across organizations.
- Drive product and technology launches to target audiences including media (AR, PR).
- Partnering across the marketing, Offering Management (OM) and sales ecosystem to continuously optimize execution and business results.
- Work with the Digital Insights team on the analytics, dashboards, and ad-hoc reporting and use the learning to adjust the areas of focus and investments in the marketing plan to achieve business expectations.
- Work with sales teams and evangelists to develop and curate developer references and stories that support the objectives.
- An understanding of what it takes to “market” to developers to drive adoption and preference for Open Source products and services.
- 5+ years in a Marketing function with at least 2 years experience in open source and developer focused roles. Technical undergraduate or hands-on experience a big plus.
- Deep understanding of community, B2B, and Enterprise Marketing channels, best practices, tools, capabilities and analytics (including demand generation, Web, SEO/SEM, social media, and developer oriented events such as meetups).
- Strong marketing experience in working remote and cross-functional marketing teams.
- Experience managing marketing budgets, global programs, and outside vendors.
- Knowledge and experience supporting a wide range of traditional, guerilla, and modern marketing tactics.
- Experience using and tracking leads in CRM, experience with marketing automation systems, product feedback systems, and nurture campaigns.
- A history of working within fast-paced environments with changing priorities/requirements and intelligent stakeholders.
- Outstanding interpersonal and cross-functional teamwork skills.