Here’s this week’s recap of the Node.js related blogs we posted last week…
StrongLoop, the leading company providing tools for developing and scaling APIs in Node.js, announced today that Juan Carlos Soto has been appointed CEO. He brings with him more than 25 years of experience in enterprise cloud computing, data integration, developer ecosystems, and open source in both mature and fast growing companies.
As promised, we’ve just updated the expressjs.com website with improved organization and a new navigation menu. One of our top goals with this project is to enable more community contributions to the site and the Express documentation. Now, with markdown-sourced content, it’s easier than ever to contribute to the docs. See the GitHub README for brief explanation of how to edit the site content.
In this video, StrongLoop CTO AL Tsang walks you through the architecture and a basic demo of how the open source LoopBack API Gateway works. What’s LoopBack? It’s an open source Node.js framework for developing, managing and scaling APIs that require connectivity to datasources like Oracle, SQL Server and MongoDB. For additional details, check out the announcement and architecture blog.
Nota do editor: Bem-vindo à terceira parte de uma série de três, que visa ajudá-lo a ter um emburrãozinho nas novidades e quebras de APIs do Node v0.12. Na primeira parte, Alex Gorbatchev extraiu as APIs que não vão quebrar. Já na segunda parte, ele separou as que irão. E na terceira, Ben Noordhuis mostra detalhes nas mudanças da API C++.
Translation by Igor Ribeiro Lima
We are excited to have partnered with BestBuy, Vizuri, Galvanize and Applause to bring our two-day “Node.js Fundamentals and API Development” training to Minneapolis, Washington DC, Denver and Framingham, MA this Fall and Winter. If you are in these cities and have been looking to get in-depth, hands-on training from Node.js experts before the end of the year, you need to check out these events. Early-bird tickets start at $250 for two days of training, making it an epic value! Questions? Drop us a line at [email protected].
- Nov 6-7: Denver, CO at Galvanize Campus
- Nov 13-14: Herndon, VA at Vizuri
- Dec 3-4: Framingham, MA at Applause
- Dec 11-12: Minneapolis, MN at BestBuy
If you can’t make it to a training event, chances are you can catch us at a Meetup of conference in the next few months. Here’s what the events calendar looks like going into the end of the year:
- Oct 28: SoCal Node.js Meetup – Los Angeles, CA
- Nov 7: Node.js Denver/Boulder Meetup – Denver, CA
- Nov 13: NOVA MEAN Meetup – Herndon, VA
- Dec 4: MetroWest JS Meetup – Framingham, MA
- Dec 5: Santa Cruz Node.js Meetup – Santa Cruz, CA
- Oct 20-24: HTML5DevConf – San Francisco, CA
- Nov 6-7: QCon – San Francisco, CA
- Nov 14-16: Node.vember – Nashville, TN
- Nov 21: NodeConf – Budapest
StrongLoop Studio (currently in Beta) is a visual tool for creating and managing Node.js powered REST APIs. It also includes tools for visualizing CPU profiling and Heap dump metrics. Includes support for Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL. Visit the StrongLoop Studio Beta page for links on how to sign up, get the code,videos, documentation and where to file bugs.
- What’s in the upcoming Node v0.12 release? Big performance optimizations, read Ben Noordhuis’ blog to learn more.
- Ready to develop APIs in Node.js and get them connected to your data? Check out the Node.js LoopBack framework. We’ve made it easy to get started either locally or on your favorite cloud, with a simple npm install.
- Need training and certification for Node? Learn more about both the private and open options StrongLoop offers.