Join the StrongLoop team to build the next generation of Node.js and Mobile developer tools! Principals only, no agencies please.
Senior UI engineer
Position Location: San Mateo, CA or Vancouver, BC
StrongLoop is looking to add a Senior UI engineer with experience building rich interactive front end GUIs to the team. The engineer will work with product management, visual designers, UX engineers, and end users to create client and cloud based applications throughout the StrongLoop family of products.
- Solid command and knowledge of modern Web UI architecture and MVC concepts and practical implementation use cases
- Extensive experience utilizing and leveraging client side UI frameworks and components – JQuery, Dojo, Ext2, etc
- Extensive experience with templates, rendering engines, tag libraries, and decorators
- Extensive experience incorporating best user experience patterns – e.g. minimalism, contextual display
- Thorough understanding of web service technologies and standards – REST, JSON, SOAP, HTTP, XSD, WSDL, etc
- Prior experience within enterprise application development and systems
- Software development in agile methodologies
- Software development in Unix/Linux-based and Windows environments
- BS or MS degree in CS or equivalent
Candidates with the following highly desirable experience will be given preference:
- Experience designing and building open source based client side UI frameworks and components
- Professional experience with single page applications (SPAs) and client JS frameworks (Backbone, Angular, Knockout, Ember, etc)
- Mobile web application design and development
- Hybrid mobile application design and development
- Visual design and user experience training and education in HCI
- Experience with Node.js
- “Full stack” development in uni or polyglot implementation
Interested? Drop us a line.