StrongLoop hires the best and brightest minds and strongly encourages creativity along with dedication toward problem solving. Please see below for current openings. Thanks for your interest in StrongLoop!
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Location: SF Bay Area.
StrongLoop’s Customer Success team is looking for a senior TSE who loves working with high performing teams, wants to work with cutting edge Node.js technology and thrives on helping customers become successful with mobile/API projects. In this role you will have an opportunity to make a big impact by helping build and lead a global support team that excels in delighting our customers.
As a TSE, you will
- Provide troubleshooting and technical advice for StrongLoop customers.
- Represent StrongLoop in the Node developer communities ( Stack Overflow, Google groups, IRC )
- Provide strong technical leadership and guidance to both customers and internal project teams that are geographically distributed.
- Write sample code, blogs and review documentation
- Produce coherent knowledge base articles to enable customers to resolve issues without further escalation
- Be part of the team that conceives and delivers new cutting edge customer support offerings
- Lead and manage offshore support teams to facilitate 24/7/365 support
To be successful, you will need
- Passion for handling technical challenges and be goal and results oriented
- Excellent communication skills and technical knowledge to advise and lead customers who are developing enterprise mobile applications
- Strong listening, detail-oriented thinking, and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in highly collaborative global organization
- Be open to flexible schedule in a 24/7/365 support environment
What we look for
- Solid Linux command line and/or system administration skills, windows experience a plus
- In depth experience of mobile application and web development is a definite plus
- BS/BA in CS and 5+ years track record in technical support or in a customer facing role working with enterprise software
Why StrongLoop ?
- By working on our team you’ll be working alongside Node.js core maintainers, supporting production Node.js customers, and at the very cutting edge of what is happening in this emerging movement.
- Our team is small — less than 25. You will have a direct impact on the company’s growth and success. What you do will matter.
- At StrongLoop you will have an opportunity to work on a variety of issues and help customers of all sizes ( start ups to the Fortune 50) be successful with their mobile and API projects
- Strongloop offers a comprehensive benefits program to take care of their employees including medical, dental, vision, long term disabilty, life insurance, vacation and a 401K plan.
- Strongloop has great investors – Shasta Ventures and Ignition Partners
- Strongloop has fun! We have a face 2 face meeting 2-3 times a year with our partners from other parts of the world in locations such as Sonoma, Half Moon Bay, etc.
If interested, please send an email to [email protected] with why this role/technology/company particularly appeals to you.